Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2006 00:09:54 -0700
From:      Martin Alejandro Paredes Sanchez <mapsware@prodigy.net.mx>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: changing swap size

El Lun 13 Nov 2006 06:34, Zbigniew Szalbot escribi=F3:
> If I increase RAM to, say, 1GB, would I need to change the swap size to 2=
GB?=20

I think not. =BFAre your computer still swaping?

> If so, is it a safe process (I assume this can be done using FIPS)?

=46IPS only works in patitions with FAT16 or FAT32 file system.

> Would I need to boot first in single-user mode?

no

> Any other thoughts?=20

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/adding-swap-space=
=2Ehtml

> BTW - is there any easy way to
> make sure how much RAM is currently installed other than looking into the
> hardware? Top:
>
> Mem: 146M Active, 23M Inact, 98M Wired, 15M Cache, 41M Buf, 22M Free

morena ~> dmesg | grep memory
real memory  =3D 519237632 (495 MB)
avail memory =3D 498753536 (475 MB)
agp0: detected 16252k stolen memory
atapci1: failed to enable memory mapping!