Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:27:01 +1100
From:      Rob B <rbyrnes@ozemail.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NIS/YP/LDAP question

I have about 5 machines at home, networked together.  Usually, about three
of them are in use at any given time.  To save updating various bits of
info when I make a change that would affect them all (adding or renaming a
host, changing a user password etc.) would it be a good idea to use NIS/YP
or some such service?  This way, I would only have to make a change on the
server and have it reflected on the various hosts.

What would be an alternative to NIS in this situation?  LDAP? anything else?

cheers,
Rob

Please cc me as I'm not on the list

--
Evolution doesn't take prisoners.

This is random quote 512 of a collection of 1274

Distance from the centre of the brewing universe:
[15200.8 km (8207.8 mi), 262.8 deg](Apparent) Rennerian

Public Key fingerprint = 6219 33BD A37B 368D 29F5  19FB 945D C4D7 1F66 D9C5