Date:      Mon, 14 Jun 1999 17:23:28 -0700
From:      Jerry Preeper <preeper@cts.com>
To:        Kenneth Ingham <ingham@i-pi.com>, LutzRab@omc.net
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New Attack via sendmail?

I've had this similar thing hit me with 2.2.8-Stable and procmail 3.11.pre7
I think.  It has a problem that apparently has been fixed in 3.13 so if
your'e using procmail, time to upgrade.  Someone sent us a 30MB email
(40+MB after encoding) that just couldn't get through my procmail recipes
without killing the machine.  I have since upgraded procmail, although I
haven't yet tested it with this large of an email yet.  First it eats up
all the swap space trying to match all the conditions, then all sorts of
services just start dying until the whole machine is pretty much dead.

Jerry