Date:      Mon, 07 Apr 2003 10:41:53 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Sereciya Kurdistani <sereciya@kurdistan.ath.cx>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quick Question :: D-Link DWL-650+ PLUS supported?

> Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 08:45:49 -0700
> From: Sereciya Kurdistani <sereciya@kurdistan.ath.cx>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
>

> Hello,
>
>   Thanks in advance to anyone and everyone who may reply/post
>   useful comments & suggestions..., thank you!
>
>   The question is:
>
>   From the Supported Hardware page for 4.8-RELEASE it is stated
>   that the DWL-650 Wireless card is supported, I have the
>   DWL-650+, is *it* supported?
>
>   Has anybody had any luck getting the DWL-650+ to work?
>   How? wi driver?

Sorry, but you lose. Thanks for playing!

The 650+ uses the TI chip-set and TI has thus far declined to release any
documentation that will allow a driver to be written. As far as I know,
they won't even release it under NDA unless you are a customer buying
the chip for a product.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)