Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 1995 18:18:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Gary Palmer <gary@palmer.demon.co.uk>, stable@freebsd.org, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Oct 20 snap install...

On Wed, 25 Oct 1995, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> OK, here's what the relevant chunk of menus.c looks like now:
>
>   { "FTP Active",	"Install from an FTP server in active mode",
> 	DMENU_CALL,	mediaSetFTPActive, 0, 0		},
>   { "FTP Passive",	"Install through a firewall in passive FTP mode",
> 	DMENU_CALL,	mediaSetFTPPassive, 0, 0	},
>
> Will that do?  I'll also ammend the media menu, as you suggested.

I don't like the terminology `Active' because if a user does not know the
difference between active and passive, it does not provide any useful hint
about which FTP option to use.  Saying just `FTP' and `Passive FTP' gives
an obvious, and probably correct, choice to users who don't know what
`Passive FTP' means.

-john

== http://fieber-john.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ============