Date:      Tue, 11 May 2004 18:07:34 +0200
From:      Lukasz Stelmach <Lukasz.Stelmach@telmark.waw.pl>
To:        Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        SUZUKI Shinsuke <suz@crl.hitachi.co.jp>
Subject:   Re: if_stf bug/feature

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L

On Tue, 11 May 2004 18:59:31 +0900 Ume wrote:
> [...]

Lukasz>> Well i *have*got* one v4ADDR that is assigned to my nat/router-box=
.  I
[...]
Lukasz>> harm. Let's say taht to the rest of the world the nat+TIGGER act l=
ike
Lukasz>> a single machine.
> Yes, current if_stf is too restrictive against NAT, and skipping
> certain checks enablea us to use 6to4 even behind NAT.  I believe it
> doesn't break RFC3056.

IMHO it does not if everything is going to be corect after the packets
go touring out of nat.

> Once, I made a patch to do so for a friend of mine.  But, it was based
> on old source and somewhat redundant.  I've just made a patch against
> recent 5-CURRENT.  But, I've not estimated if there are side effects.
> I don't have testing environment for 6to4, now.  Could you test it?

In one of my previous letters I have mentioned that i use 4.9-RCsomething
and unfortunately this is my only FreeBSD. I am also afraid :-( that
i don't have enough spare time neither. But please send the patch and
I will *try* to look at it if you don't mind.

Bye.
--=20
|/       |_,  _   .-  --,  Ju=BF z ka=BFdej strony pe=B3zn=B1, potworne =BF=
=B1dze
|__ |_|. | \ |_|. ._' /_.         B=EAd=EA uprawia=B3 nierz=B1d, za pieni=
=B1ze

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L--