Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2007 13:45:14 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, Andre Oppermann <andre@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Weird "ignoring syn" problem

Bill Moran wrote this message on Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 13:13 -0400:
> >   b) you may run out of socket on the client side and reuse them
> >      too fast.  Try to lower net.inet.ip.portrange.first to 30,000
> >      or so.
>
> I find that unlikely.  The problem usually occurs reliably after less
> than 200 connections, and frequently after less than 50.

I've found that durning load testing, that I regularly run into the
icmp limit limiting the rst's sent to completely close connections to
web servers...  200 is the default limit per second...   Increasing
net.inet.icmp.icmplim would change this..  Note that even though it says
icmp, it limits TCP RST's...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579