Date:      Thu,  7 Sep 2000 17:43:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org>, Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>, marcel@cup.hp.com
Subject:   Re: IBM JDK fails due to lack of SA_SIGINFO support

Andrew Gallatin writes:

 > I'm getting closer.  I'd really appreciate some help from x86
 > people.... I think its coming down to my lack of knowledge about x86
 > assembly :-(

I'm getting even closer.  My toy program now works & I can get the JDK
to run long enough to spit out a version number:

	<5:27pm>dragonfly/gallatin:IBMJava2-13>/compat/linux/bin/sh bin/java -version
	java version "1.3.0"
	Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.0)
	Classic VM (build 1.3.0, J2RE 1.3.0 IBM build cx130-20000815 (JIT enabled: jitc))

(woo-hoo!)

To get this far, I corrected my implementation of linux_rt_sendsig,
implemented new sigtramp code for the "rt" (eg, SA_SIGINFO) handlers
and then implemented a linux_rt_sigreturn().

So much for the good news..  When I actually try to run an applet, the
application SEGV's on a stack address.  Given that the address it
faults on is almost reasonable, I'm wondering if there's something
funky going on wrt our "MAP_GROWSDOWN" mmap code.

Latest patches at http://www.cs.duke.edu/~gallatin/linux_sa_siginfo/diff

Again, I could really use some help here.

Thanks,

Drew