Date:      Wed, 11 Mar 1998 08:53:24 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        KRichard@dsams.com (Kai Richardson)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HELP!!

In a previous message, Kai Richardson said:
> Hello,
> 	I am trying to install freebsd on my machine, but for some reason I
> am getting stuck on the very first step, creating an install floppy!  I
> ftp'd both the boot.flp file and the fdimage.exe files to my NT workstation
> harddrive.  I put brand new floppy disk in drive a:  However, when I run the
> fdimage.exe file it says that the boot.flp file is too big to fit on the
> floppy!  I checked it's size, and indeed it is 1479138 bytes and a brand new
> floppy is only 1457664 bytes!  What am I doing wrong?
>
> Your help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm not sure I'd trust NT to run fdimage properly. However, other things
to check.
	1) Make sure you downloaded the boot.flp in binary mode. If you
did it using Netscape or other browser, don't trust it, use command line
ftp.
	2) Don't trust factory formatting of the floppy. Format it again
on your box using DOS format or Windows. It *CAN NOT* have any bad
sectors.

Paul

--
"I don't know what weapons they will use in World War III,
 but they will be using clubs in the fourth." -- Albert Einstein