Date:      Sat, 18 Jan 97 18:59:26 GMT
From:      David Alan Gilbert <gilbertd@cs.man.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 100MBps cards

Hi,
  A previous poster suggested the 100Mbps cards from SMC and others
using the DEC chipset.

  BE CAREFUL!

  They have recently created a new version of the chip on them (-AC I think
is the problem) and refirtled the other hardware.  I believe this will
not work with the drivers presently around.
I was going to buy one of these cards until told of this problem.

We got a Intel EtherExpress Pro 100B and its presently running fine on
10Mbps and were waiting for our hardware at the other end to try the
100Mbps out.

Dave