Date:      Sun, 16 May 1999 10:47:45 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        xiyuan qian <xiyuan@dns.hgs.com.cn>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why the file size becomes so large?

On Tue, May 04, 1999 at 05:05:57PM +0800, xiyuan qian wrote:

> Hi, today I suddenly noticed that a file locates at /usr/local/program/data dir
> its size becomes 11235678909 large. Why? This file is wrote by a running prog.
> What's the reason?

lsof from the ports collection can be used to determine, which process
opened the file just in case you don't know which application is causing
this.

And the question why the file size becomes so large sounds a little
bit silly to me. Perhaps the application simply writes so much data ?!
Or you started the application with extra verbosity, just in case it
is a logfile. Or you enabled debugging ...

Hell ... you tell so few things about the surroundings, content of
the file ... go figure yourself ...

--
Andreas Klemm                               http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas
                                  http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/SMP/SMP.html