Date:      Fri, 18 Dec 2009 14:37:10 -0600
From:      "Dean Weimer" <dweimer@orscheln.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   mount_udf information

Does anyone know where I can find out what versions of the UDF file =
system that the FreeBSD mount_udf command supports?

Or more specifically does anyone know if it's possible to mount an ISO =
image of Windows 2008 server with FreeBSD?

I created an ISO image server running on FreeBSD 7.2 (Also tested on a =
FreeBSD 8.0 machine, no change in results) to store the ISO images we =
use frequently. =A0Serving them both through NFS for access to be =
mounted as CD/DVD drives with on VMware ESX servers, and through samba =
shares both as ISO images and mounted as read only file systems.=A0 =
Everything worked great right up until I got to the mounting of the =
Windows 2008 Server DVDs.

Tried using:
mdconfig -a -t vnode -f /windows2008serverdvd.iso -u 0
mount -t udf /dev/md0 /mnt/windows2008serverdvd

It returns "mount_udf: /dev/md0: Invalid argument"

And logs a kernel error of "FSD does not lie within the partition!"

Thanks,
=A0=A0=A0=A0 Dean Weimer
=A0=A0=A0=A0 Network Administrator
=A0=A0=A0=A0 Orscheln Management Co