Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 18:00:32 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "Lester A. Mesa" <netadmin@primex.prontel.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Please HELP!

From: "Lester A. Mesa" <netadmin@primex.prontel.net>
> On Thu 2000-06-29 (14:35), Lester A. Mesa wrote:
> > --------MAKEFILE---------------------------
> > # New ports collection makefile for: vpopmail
>
> Please note that we can't create packages for vpopmail, since it
> hard-codes hostname, UIDs, GIDs.  I have a working port for it already,
> but it requires that we add users and groups in pre-configure, which is
> ugly.

Does vpopmail use named UID, GIDs or numbers?

If they are named UID, GIDs you can use the pre-install stage to create the user and group.

For an example look at the security/cyrus-sasl ports Makefile and pkg/INSTALL.

Using the pkg/INSTALL script will allow you port to create the user and group when the package gets installed.

Scot