Date:      Mon, 4 May 2020 07:43:12 +0200
From:      Jacques Foucry <jacques+freebsd@foucry.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Local_unbound and (opn)vpn

Dear All,

I need your advice and experience about local_unbound aشs vpn (in my case it's
openvpn).

When local_unbound it use the /var/unbound/forward.conf file to learn the DNS
server to query for the zone ".".

When I launch the vpn (all the internet traffic DOES NOT GO THROUG THE VPN), I
need to forward query for the compagny internal zone to the internal DNS.

I can modify the file /var/unbound/forward.conf like this:

forward-zone:
        name: "."
        forward-addr: 192.168.1.113 # this ひs my pihole address
forward-zone:
        name: "cie.local"
        forward-addr: 192.168.127.23
        forward-addr: 192.168.127.46

And restart local_unboound and it's works.

But when I restart mや laptop, the start process of local_unbound is to
rewrite the forward.conf file and my add is overwrite.

There is a conf.d folder inside /var/unbound. I suppose I can use it in order
to make my forward zone persistant. I don't find anything about the format of
those files I can put in (may be the same as forward.conf) of the name of the
file (cie.conf in this case?).

So I need your experience and advice.

Thanks in advance and take care.

--