Date:      Mon, 12 Apr 1999 18:26:34 +0930 (CST)
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG, Charles Henrich <henrich@flnet.com>
Subject:   Re: Charles Henrich a Star?

On 12-Apr-99 Amancio Hasty wrote:
>  Okay I will talk about an early scene, I did like the shot where the heroine
>  was going to kick a cop , where she jump in the air  the camera froze her
>  and
>  it looked like she was flying like a bird then camera just panned around her
>  .
>  Was that shot render with FreeBSD?

You can do that without computers (well.. they assist)..

What they do is have a line of cameras which are synced together, and instead
of playing the film from one camera you play one frame from the first camera
and one from the second etc.. So the object appears frozen in time, but the
camera moves.. Of course they use computers to interpolate the frames
inbetween, but hey :)

---
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum