Date:      Tue, 10 Aug 1999 11:53:22 -0700
From:      elazich@AlaskaAir.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPFW & NATD

Sorry if this has been asked and answered and if it has just point me
in the right direction.  What I want to do is pretty simple, run my
FBSD box as a firewall with a static IP address on the external
interface on a DSL connection.  I also have an internal interface which
is on the 10 net work along with about 10 machines behind the firewall.
 As I understand it, I have recompiled a kernel with the appropriate
IPFW options (3 of them as I recall) and run natd.  The question I have
is this, am I right in running natd on my internal interface?  And do I
simply need a IPFW divert rule directing traffic from natd out or am I
completely missing the boat here.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Eli