Date:      Sat, 13 May 2006 18:55:08 +1200
From:      Mark Kirkwood <markir@paradise.net.nz>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Reproducable file corruption on 6-STABLE

Paul Schenkeveld wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I try to copy a large (7GB+) file from one filesystem to another the
> copy is not equal to te source file.  This behaviour can be reproduced
> repeatedly.
>
> Hope someone can shed a light on this.

I had a slot 1 board that exhibited a similar problem - changing the cpu
heatsink so it didn't overhang the north bridge, cured the problem (i.e.
letting the north bridge see some cool air).

While the *cpu* heatsink may not be your problem, you might want to
either check your chipset temperature(s), or install heatsinks on them
(two promise cards in the 66Mhz PCI slots can shift quite a lot of data,
if your working both of 'em!).

Cheers

Mark