Date:      Sun, 07 May 2006 18:45:31 -0700
From:      Sean McNeil <sean@mcneil.com>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   weird problem with gaim

This is so odd...

I have no problems with yahoo messages, but when a friend sends me
messages from AIM, I only see the first word.  If I move the window off
screen and back on slowly, then the words show up.  If I type something
in that shows on the next line below text from my friend, then the text
disappears again with just the first word.  I think it might have to do
with the font used by my friend.

Has anyone else experienced any difficulties at all with gaim and
messages that only show the first word?