Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 04:36:21 +0100
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Frustrating Java RMI problem, reprise

This problem has me pulling my hair out.  Here's a cut and paste of a
sample run.  I started rmiregistry, then 'comp' which is an alias to run
the correct class.  It threw the exception.  I broke out of rmiregistry,
ran it again, and ran my class again, and it worked.  Any idea why this
might happen?  Could there be a huge delay in the code somewhere where a
port isn't getting bound quickly enough?

local:~/myjava> comp
ComputeEngine exception: RemoteException occurred in server thread;
nested exception is:
java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments;
nested exception is:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
engine.ComputeEngine_Stub
local:~/myjava>