Date:      Mon, 12 Dec 2016 17:59:26 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com>
Cc:        Mihai Carabas <mihai.carabas@gmail.com>,  "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>, Alex Ivan <alexnivan@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Cubieboard2 with custom bootloader

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 8:05 AM, Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 16:55:13 +0200
> Mihai Carabas <mihai.carabas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> We are working on bhyve hypervisor for ARM. We are trying to boot FreeBSD11
>> on a Cubieboard2 using a compiled u-boot from sources and it gets stuck
>> after loading the FreeBSD kernel.
>>
>> We needed to compile u-boot from sources, because the precompiled one from
>> packages exits hypervisor mode and falls back to supervisor mode. We don't
>> have a JTAG to debug the problem.
>>
>> Did anyone manage to boot FreeBSD11 on Cubie2 from a compiled from sources
>> u-boot?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Mihai Carabas
>
>  Hi, multiple questions :
>
>  - How did you compile uboot ?
>  - Did you try booting kernel directly or ubldr first ?
>  - Where do it get stuck exactly ?
>
>  You can find all my u-boot patches here :
> https://people.freebsd.org/~manu/uboot/
>
>  Those patches applies on u-boot-2016.11 and it's everything you need
> to have a U-Boot for Allwinner device (with some extras that you won't
> need too).

Once I get some issues ironed out with the BBB u-boot, I plan on
pushing all the u-boot to this level. Or I may leave the ones that
don't work at the current level since I really want to get allwinner
into the fold.

Then I can start to pull in some of your patches to the u-boot github
branch since many are really cool.

Warner