Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:11:17 -0500
From:      eculp@bafirst.com
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PHP 5.1.6 Command Line Arg Gives Seg Fault

Quoting Kian Mohageri <kian@restek.wwu.edu>:

> Ron Tarrant wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I updated my ports tree on Sept. 7 and then built /usr/ports/lang/php5
>> (version: 5.1.6). Now the command:
>>
>> php --version
>>
>> results in a segmentation fault. I wouldn't mind, but I'm working on
>> building php-gtk2 from source and the configure script uses the above
>> command to confirm installation of the CLI version of PHP. Rather than
>> the test yielding:
>
> Do you happen to use the php5-ldap extension?  If so, you might try
> upgrading your openldap port, because I experienced segfaulting with the
> php command line (5.1.6) using openldap 2.3.25.  I upgraded to
> openldap-client-2.3.27 and it fixed the problem.
>
> You can also try using gdb to get an idea of where/when it is seg faulting.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> --
> Kian Mohageri
> WWU ResTek
> 206.779.0707

I was seeing something similar and ended up compiling php5 and all the
php5-estensions without IP6 and it solved it for me.  I used portmaster
that forced me to check all the make config options in all the php5 and
php5-extensions.

I didn't actually try php --version when I had the problem but was
sigfaulting just executing the pear command to see the help screen.

This was on my upgrade from a previous php upgrade from 5.1.4 maybe.
It was not long ago.

good luck,

ed