Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2012 14:02:21 -0700
From:      Rui Paulo <rpaulo@FreeBSD.org>
To:        GuYong <guyong1978@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about MLDv2 implemenation in Kernel

Hi,

On 20 Jun 2012, at 01:12, GuYong <guyong1978@hotmail.com> wrote:

>=20
> Hi, everyone,
> I'm looking at the MLDv2 implemenation in kernel, and there seem to be =
some issues, could anyone confirm them?
> 1.  RFC3810 clause 6.1 mentions there is a Source Retransmission =
Counter associated to each source, so that the merged report could =
contain the content that is interrupted by a new state change report     =
     BUT, I didn't see this is implemented currently!
> 2.  Regarding the 'Older Version Querier Present timer', the code is =
like this:old_version_timer =3D (mli->mli_rv * mli->mli_qi) + =
mli->mli_qri;
> while mli->mli_qri =3D maxdelay, and maxdelay =3D =
ntohs(mld->mld_maxdelay).     BUT, mld_maxdelay is in units of =
milliseconds (clause 5.1.3), I think it should be divided by 1000 before =
it adds to old_version_timer.
>=20
> 3.  According to RFC, a node MUST accept and process any Query whose =
IP Destination Address field contains *any* of the address (unicast or =
multicast) assigned to the interface on which the Query arrives.         =
 BUT, I see the code only accept General Query addressed to FF02::1.

I kindly ask you to submit a problem report at =
http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html so this doesn't get lost. Did you =
find these issues by code inspection or when using a test suite? Do you =
have any patches?

Thanks,
--
Rui Paulo