Date:      Sat, 04 Sep 1999 08:28:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Rick Lotoczky <rickl@ic.net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        (Randy Bush) <randy@psg.com>, "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
Subject:   Re: cds disappeared

Hi,

I am having the same problem with the CD as Ken is.
I also tried the suggested diagnostics with exactly the
same results.  Media is in the drive, but it is not being
recognized.  I've been building kernels since FBSD-0.9 so
I think I got that right by now.  This cropped up somewhat
recently (in the past few weeks).  My CD was working fine
when I used it last month.  I usually rebuild the entire
system once a week.

I think there is a problem in the software.  Two different
drives on two different machines (my CD is connected to
an NCR SCSI controller) with the same problem.

Rick

On 04-Sep-99 Kenneth D. Merry said:
> Randy Bush wrote...

...stuff deleted