Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 1997 23:07:46 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        "Keith R. Bolson" <kbolson@landoflakes.com>
Subject:   Re:  Questions about freeBSD installation.

> From: "Keith R. Bolson" <kbolson@landoflakes.com>
> Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 05:34:32 -0500
> Subject: Questions about freeBSD installation.
>
> Hello.
>   I wanted to try freeBSD.  I have a laptop using W95 to get the
> sw over the net, an iomega zip 100MB to move stuff with and
> a target system - a junk 486 with 32 MB ram.
>   In any case, I can't ftp from my target system, so I'd like
> to know what files I need to do the install.
>   The boot disk boot.flp boots and I partition a 300MB after
> the DOS partition.  - Novice user, binaries and doc install.
>   I get lost, tho, when it expects the other files from
> CDROM/DOS/FTP to do this installation.  The kernel isn't found.
>   Can I place the freeBSD distribution files on the DOS partition
> and install from there?  Does freeBSD support a printer-port

Yes, of course. That is what the DOS option in the install is for :-)

You make a FreeBSD directory in the root directory of drive c: and put the
distribution files there (look under bin/ and doc/ on the ftp site).

You might also try setting up X on it.

> iomega zip drives ? .. probably.

As far as I know, not yet. Though I could be wrong.

>   I'd appreciated any assistance you can give me.
> Thank you.  --krb

	Sander

	There is no love, no good, no happiness and no future -
	all these are just illusions.