Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2007 14:53:06 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Drew Jenkins <drewjenkinsjr@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How Do I Find Find?

> I built a home server to prepare  to build a new production server. Well,
> the latter is built out, but when I went back to the former, it said there
> was a problem with my last shutdown (which I don't remember) and went into
> single user mode. I went to run a "find" and it complained it couldn't find
> the "find" command! I thought, what the heck, no great loss, I'll just
> rebuild this machine. But after re-installing FBSD, it *still* can't find
> the "find" command! Now I'm worried!  It wasn't in /usr/bin/ What happened
> to this installation??

My first guess would be that when you rebooted into single user mode, your
/usr partition wasn't mounted so find wasn't accessable.

Not sure how you managed to "rebuild" the machine and still have find missing,
but I can't really guess that without knowing what you meant by "rebuilt".

Is /usr mounted?

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com