Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:03:26 -0700
From:      Mike Hogsett <hogsett@csl.sri.com>
To:        freebsd-questsions@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS FreBSD Server -> Solaris Client

I am finding NFS performance to be poor between a FreeBSD server and a
Solaris Client.

FreeBSD Server to FreeBSD Client NFS performance is good.
Solaris Server to Solaris Client NFS performance is good.
Solaris Server to FreeBSD Client NFS performance is good.

What can I do to improve FreeBSD Server to Solaris Client NFS performance?

The FreeBSD servers that I get poor performance from with Solaris clients
are running either 4.4-p1 or 4.6.2.

All the Solaris machines are running SunOS 5.7.

The nfs_server_flags in /etc/rc.conf are "-u -t -n 20"

Thanks

 - Mike