Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 08:40:56 -0400
From:      "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        <chris@aims.com.au>
Cc:        "FBSDQ" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <jtollison@multipro.com>
Subject:   RE: Frontpage Server Extensions version 5

Now I am no expert, but this is my understanding of how apache and
FrontPage get delivered by the ports system.
First of all there are two methods of installing apache & FP.

The Apache13-fp port has apache 1.3.26 and FrontPage married together.
and this install works right out of the port, as I just installed it
last Friday to get the fix for the just announced security
hole in apache.

The second method is to install  3 separate ports, apache13,
mod_frontpage, followed by frontpage-5. I have not been able to get
this one to work since the start of the year when mod_frontpage was
changed to use APXS.

The original poster never stated which method he used, so the solution
posted may not be correct for his situation.
But maybe you were able to tell from the symptoms.
If this is the solution for the mod_frontpage method, then would you
please post a bug report with your solution so the mod_frontpage port
maintainer can fix the port for everyone.

If I am incorrect in my understanding please point it out, as I am
always interested in learning more.