Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2001 13:00:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Mike Holling <myke@ees.com>
Cc:        Juha Saarinen <juha@saarinen.org>, Blaz Zupan <blaz@si.FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: poor performance with FreeBSD and Windows ICS

:Upping sendspace and recvspace fixed the problem, I was able to get a file
:at 67Kbyte/sec which only came down at 25 before changing the values.
:65535 seems to be a good value for both parameters.  Enabling RFC 1323
:extensions had a bad effect, after enabling extensions all my transfers
:would hang.  Is there a place to put this in the FAQ?
:
:- Mike

    I have a section in my 'tuning' man page though I don't explain the
    tcp window sizing stuff.  Maybe I'll add that.

					-Matt