Date:      Sun, 6 Oct 1996 00:57:49 +0930 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        der@terra.ru.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (none)

In article <199610051219.HAA07397@terra.ru.com> you wrote:
: I have a FreeBSD 2.1.0 on one part of my hard disk and DOS on other,
: using FreeBSD Boot Manager to boot. But, when I tryes to set up
: MS Windows95 to the DOS partition, it broke Boot Manager and now I
: can boot FreeBSD only using floppy.
:  How can I get back Boot Manager without reinstalling FreeBSD ?

 man disklabel

 -- quote --
  The final three forms of disklabel are used to install boostrap code on
  machines where the bootstrap is part of the label.  The bootstrap code is
  comprised of one or two boot programs depending on the machine.  The -B
  option is used to denote that bootstrap code is to be installed.
  [etc]
 -- end quote --

 Also don't send these questions to freebsd-bugs mailing list, but
 to freebsd-questions where they belong.  And if you include a
 subject its even better!

 Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds