Date:      Wed, 25 Mar 1998 16:38:20 -0600
From:      Robert <robert@mhi-tx.com>
To:        freebsd mail list <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ftp install

hello,
I am trying to install freebsd using ftp....
I already have a running freebsd box that I loaded from floppies so I am
not a complete newbie.
everything seems to work okay until it tries to log in to the ftp server
on any of the usa sites(that is all i have tried so far).
I get the error "Couldn't open ftp connection to <whatever server>.
Unknown Error!"

I can ping that box from another one so the nic is okay, I do an
ifconfig -a and everything looks good, default route was added, netmask
is okay.....??????   I am confused.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance.
please send to e-mail addr as I am not currently subscribed to list.
thanks
Robert