Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 20:03:49 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Subject:   Re: test results (or rather lack thereof) for 4.1RC on Rawhide (AS4100)

On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 10:49:46AM -0700, Matthew Jacob wrote:
> 4.0 won't work- this stuff wasn't checked in then.

4.0-stable just before it became 4.1RC should do it. I know 4.0release does
not.

> Really? See attached dmesg for what I've been having no problemo on.
>
> I *have* had a couple of times, one of the NASA/Ames Rawhides (which are in
> the, what is it, Mustang configuration- 4 MCPCIAs) freeze on boot, but I
> think I tracked that to a flakey disk box connection. I haven't done fuller
> testing because the installer is broken when there are 'foreign but similar'
> operating systems on disks.

You mean the 'don't go nowhere without my init' ? It does not get as far as
that.

> This is not good, as we're only a couple of days away 4.1 release and I've
> run out of time to work on this :-)!

Yep..

> What h/w do you have in your machine?

Well:
	KZPSA DECs own FWD SCSI
	KGPSA Emulex LP7000
	KZPBA Qlogic1040
	DEC4xx ethernet
	some VGA thingy (I think) but running serial console.
	probably Memory Channel

The machine lives in our lab at work so I cannot check right now.

--
Wilko Bulte  	 			http://www.freebsd.org
wilko@freebsd.org			http://www.nlfug.nl