Date:      Tue, 29 Feb 2000 20:18:56 -0500
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re Complex interdependent [meta]ports (was Re: Gnome Install)

Salvo! Good to hear from you again, seems like it's been a while.

I haven't gotten very far along these lines, being relatively new to
FreeBSD but it looks like you, myself and several others are running
into this problem. I had already taken the step of cd'ing to /usr/ports
and running 'make clean' as part of the answer. Yours does seem to be
the drastic solution, nuking the flies instead of swatting them. I took
the other approach, just dealing with the discrepancies as they
surfaced.

In the case of 'gnome', there were only two. I was rather pleased I was
able to deal with them not knowing that much about systems, but then
I've heard even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while...

I'm not sure what the optimal solution to this would be. As in my case,
why did the metaport say the libungif libraries were present when in
fact they were not?

I guess until someone comes up with a better answer I'll just keep
tripping over those nuts.

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, in a never-ending search for enlightenment, Salvo
Bartolotta wrote: > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Message

--
Walter Brameld

in·tel·lec·tu·al
n. Someone who has been educated past his/her level of intelligence.
Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them.