Date:      Sun, 15 Jun 2014 00:27:04 -0400
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        Jakub Lach <jakub_lach@mailplus.pl>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10.0-STABLE #0 r267451 amd64 schedular strangeness?

On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 5:23 PM, Jakub Lach <jakub_lach@mailplus.pl> wrote:

> I don't know what's going on with scheduler now, I had
> libreoffice compile going for 8h (strange) and then saw
> in top -P something like  "98.9% nice"
>
> Any ideas?
>
> This is something recent.

I am now rebuilding libreoffice. I had to "set MAKE_JOBS_SAFE=yes" to get
it to go far. Otherwise it dies rather quickly on my 10-STABLE/amd64
system. It is very slow when not doing parallel builds..

If you are building with portmaster, by default all builds are "nice", so
98.8% seems about right if all processors are working on it.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com