Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 22:49:05 -0500
From:      Ian Wat <iwat@bucknell.edu>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   X402 DRI on Voodoo3

Hello,

I'm trying to get DRI setup for a Voodoo3.  Running 4.2 Stable as of
yesterday.  First compiled X402 via ports.  Then compiled cvs Glide3 but I
noticed a warning near the end of the compile.

"*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lXxf86dga."
"*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lXxf86vm."

A `ldconfig -r` showed that I indeed didn't have Xxf86dga and Xxf86vm as
shared libraries.  Went ahead and compiled X again with the proper
modifications to xf86site.def.

	#define HasGlide3 YES
	#define Glide3IncDir /usr/local/include/glide3"

The X compile complained about not being able to find -lglide3.  ldconfig
showed that I had -lglide3.13.  Changed the appropriate makefile but no
success.

Glide3 probably needed the libraries from the above warnings.  Anybody have
any ideas?

Thanks
--
| Ian J Wat           |          <iwat@bucknell.edu>          |