Date:      Sun, 10 May 1998 12:50:31 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
Cc:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new bt848 driver

Hi Bernie,
This is what is in the driver:
static int bt848_card = -1;
SYSCTL_INT(_hw, OID_AUTO, bt848_card, CTLFLAG_RW, &bt848_card, -1, "");

What Luigi and friends want is :

A root node for the bt848.
hw.bt848

Then ,

hw.bt848.card
hw.bt848.tuner
hw.bt848.reverse_mute

Because they don't want to do something like:

sysctl -a | grep bt848 to identify all the bt848 variables they rather
do something like:
sysctl hw.bt848

Also the hw.bt848 root node avoids name space pollution and further
categorizes the sysctl tree.

>From browsing at the kernel , I think we want something similar to:
vfs_aio.c:SYSCTL_NODE(_vfs, OID_AUTO, aio, CTLFLAG_RW, 0, "AIO mgmt");

And, I just talk myself into doing it 8)

	Cheers,
	Amancio