Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 1997 23:38:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@hwcn.org>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        0000-Administrator <root@acromail.ml.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Info files.

[-stable & -hackers changed to -questions]

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Michael Smith wrote:

> > Does freebsd actually use the gnu c library, can someone explain what it
> > uses and where I can get a book that explains how to use all the system
> > calls? (yes, I do know about man pages)
>
> FreeBSD does not use the GNU C library, and likely never will.

That said, most of the info from the GNU C lib ref. manual
applies to FreeBSD.  The ref manual tends to provide a better
"broad" picture along with more examples, advice, and commentary,
which is useful if you're new to the C lib.  On a function vs.
function doc, I prefer our manpages, but both have their purpose.

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk