Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 2009 17:30:49 +0000
From:      Mark Knight <lists@knigma.org>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xorg 7.4 breaks mga with G450

In message <alpine.BSF.2.00.0901260943380.1030@wonkity.com>, Warren
Block <wblock@wonkity.com> writes
>My G450 does the same (sync problem/noisy picture) on an LCD. mga-1.4.9
>does it too, so I'd suspect a change in xorg-server.
>
>Resolutions other than 1024x768 come up as 1024x768 anyway.  That could
>be the monitor trying to be smart.  Sample log and xorg.conf at:
>
>http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/mga

Thanks - this is *good* news, now I know I'm not alone!  It'll also save
me the trouble of trying to put a video of my monitor up on YouTube for
all to see the noisy picture :)  I can believe that despite trying
different resolutions I was stuck with 1024x768 as well; the mouse
pointer didn't appear to get any bigger.

I'm assuming that's an LCD on analogue rather than DVI (can't even
remember if the G450 can cope with DVI)?

PS: For now I've managed to get the vesa driver to play nice (for some
very slow definition of nice).

Cheers,
--
Mark A. R. Knight                               finger: markk@knigma.org