Date:      Thu, 7 Nov 2002 11:56:05 -0800
From:      Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>
To:        marius@alchemy.franken.de
Cc:        freebsd-mips@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Toolchain stuff.

* De: marius@alchemy.franken.de [ Data: 2002-11-07 ]
	[ Subjecte: Re: Toolchain stuff. ]
> On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 11:39:39AM -0800, Juli Mallett wrote:
> > I finally found out I'd left a number of toolchain bits and bobbles
> > today, and I submitted them to Perforce, and the toolchain can now compile
> > little things.  I'm about to try it building a mini-kernel for the GDB
> > simulator, and fix whatever I run into.
> >
> > Just FYI.
> >

> Will FreeBSD/mips be based on NetBSD/mips, based on the port "some router
> company did" or written from scratch ?

Lots of influence from the first, possibly some things from the second, and
portions of it will be the latter.

The idea is to take from NetBSD where it makes sense, do things right where
it makes sense, and try to get the stuff from "some router company" once the
port is "viable" to fill in things like pmap.

> Is there support planned for mipsel ?

Probably.  Right now I'm just working on Big Endian (SGIMIPS).
--
Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>       | FreeBSD: The Power To Serve
Will break world for fulltime employment. | finger jmallett@FreeBSD.org