Date:      Sat, 20 Dec 1997 13:49:55 -0200 (EDT)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@coppe.ufrj.br>
To:        brandon@roguetrader.com (Brandon Gillespie)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Increasing maximum file descriptors (for max sockets)

#define quoting(Brandon Gillespie)
// And so on.  On first glimpse through the kernel config file I can't seem
// to find anything to increase the amount of file descriptors.  Where is
// this done?  I cannot find anything about it in the docs...

One thing I love in the BSD 4.4 approach is the sysctl !  Why recompile
a kernel if you can do this with the system running ?

Take a look at these two systcls:

kern.maxfiles
kern.maxfilesperproc

					Jonny