Date:      Thu, 11 Aug 2011 11:51:36 +0200
From:      Jon Theil Nielsen <jontheil@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>,  User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: MFP recommendations

2011/8/10 Jon Theil Nielsen <jontheil@gmail.com>

> Hi list,
>
> I want to buy another printer to use mainly with Windows. Even though I
> have no good feelings about those devises, that claims to be able to do
> everything I need. Even though, I need a better scanner with ADF and duplex
> printing (it need to be able to connect wirelessly to my Windows stations).
> So my question is if I can find such a thing, that I can connect to my
> FreeBSD server too. And if you can recommend a specific model.
> I have been looking at a lot of models, but I can't figure out if any of
> them would be able to work through FreeBSD, cups etc. Examples:
> HP Officejet Pro 8500A (CM755A)
> HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-All-in-One (CQ521B)
> Canon PIXMA MX885
> Epson...
> Brother...
> In the first place, I may have to connect it via USB or ehternet. If it
> could be connected by my wireless adapter (Linksys WUSB600N), it would be
> nice
>
> Best regards,
> Jon Theil Nielsen

Since my main goal is to be able to print over the network via my FreeBSD
station, I could put in another way:
Can I expect that printers known to be supported by HPLIP (
http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/supported_devices/index.html) actually
work in FreeBSD? And would one of the HP models by a "safe" choice?

Regards,
Jon Theil Nielsen