Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2002 07:19:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tim Erlin <tperlin@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Make Buildworld questions

I'm troubleshooting a problem with make buildworld and I'd
like to understand a couple of things about how it works.

To what extent is the buildworld process dependent on its
running platform, e.g. could I run it on a desktop, copy
/usr/obj to another box and run the rest (make
installworld, etc)?

Does a dual boot box affect how buildworld runs? I've
noticed that in /usr/src/sys/boot/i386/boot2/boot1.s there
are comments that state "If we are on a hard drive, then
load the MBR and look for the first FreeBSD slice..." Seems
like having a unique MBR would affect this part of the
buildworld process.

Finally, is there a better list for these questions???

Thanks in advance...

--Tim