Date:      Sun, 07 Jul 2002 08:12:55 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert - CITS Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        Dan Airinen <dan.airinen@cyberdoom.org>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, Philip Molter <philip@texas.net>, Russell Briggs <russb@jump.net>
Subject:   Re: Screen - Package

In message <200207071435.g67EZhfP011535@cwsys.cwsent.com>, Cy Schubert
- CITS O
pen Systems Group writes:
> In message <20020707163635.T28609-100000@daemon.cyberdoom.org>, Dan
> Airinen wri
> tes:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I installed the package screen-3.9.11_1
> > from ftp.freebsd.org (packages-4-current).
> > And noticed that when i type: screen -T vt100
> > my CPU usage goes to 85%-99%.And the load just
> > increases.
> >
> > My machine is a standard PII 300Mhz,512Mb RAM.
> > I tested this package whit the standard installation
> > of FreeBSD-4.6.
> >
> > Has anyone else had the same kind of problems, that
> > im having now ?
> > Or am i the only one whit this problem ?
>
> PR 39148 documents the problem.  Do you by chance have a
> multi-processor system?  If so, build it using the port.  Please let me
> know either way how successful it is.

I've been able to recreate the problem.  It appears there is something
wrong with the package.  I have no problem using the port or using a
package built locally (here at home).  I've put a copy of my locally
built package http://people.freebsd.org/~cy/packages/screen-3.9.11_1.tgz
.

Please give it a try.  Let me know whether it fixes your problem or not.

--
Cheers,                          Phone:  250-387-8437
Cy Schubert                        Fax:  250-387-5766