Date:      11 Jul 1996 11:06:27 +0200
From:      Nicolas Souchu <Nicolas.Souchu@prism.uvsq.fr>
To:        "Nathan Melhorn" <n_melhor@Telebit.COM>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing parallel port IOMega ZIP drive?

"Nathan Melhorn" <n_melhor@Telebit.COM> writes:

>      Questions, if you happen to know..
>
>      1) Do you check for fancier parallel ports? It looked like you ran
>      "nibble" and a more advance level.

The only two transfer mode used by the driver are 4bit and 8bit modes.

>      2) Do you know of any ZipTools packages for FreeBSD? I saw that a
>      Linux version had just been released, but I don't know enough to
>      port code into my kernel.

I have no enough time yet for this, and I prefer fixing the problem of
polling before this. But you may look at the linux-ziptools

http://www.torque.net/ziptools.html

package and port it to freebsd with the scsi user library.
Inform me of your work ;^)

>      3) Do you have a more advanced version of your code?

Not yet. But soon, I hope.

nicolas

--
Nicolas.Souchu@prism.uvsq.fr