Date:      Sat, 14 Jun 1997 13:28:55 +1000
From:      Robert <robert@chalmers.com.au>
To:        Dan Riley <daniel@vailsys.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: PPP and WinNT RAS]

Dan Riley wrote:

> Final forward :)
>
> Also from Matt about the same information in the last mail I forwarded
> to you.
>
> Let me know of any success or thoughts in general.
>
> Again, good luck...
>
> Dan Riley

Hi Wes, and Dan,

thanks for the pointers. I finally convinced the admin of the NT system
to disable the Encryption option on his NT server. An suing the pppd
options
file you sent me, and the secrets file, after a few false starts, the
link
came up. However, there is no routing on the NT server, so thats as far
as
my network can get, to that net, and the other units on my net couldn't
see
the other net either. Because their server basically doesn't
know about my own network, I couldn't do anything anyway. So i'm
back on the PC-dialup thingy.

However, it proves the point that with Microsoft Encryption enabled,
nothing
but an MS product can connect to an NT server !

Thanks for all the assistance

cheers,
Robert