Date:      Thu, 13 May 1999 12:44:49 +0300
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
To:        Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: panic ! panic ! panic !

On Wed, May 12, 1999 at 06:41:15PM +0200, Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it> wrote:

> Ok... it's a bit long ... (Tell me there isn't a command to write the trace
> output on a disk :-)
>
> After the panic make by "screen" ...
> >trace
> Stopped at ttyflush+0x48: movl 0x14(%eax), %eax

[chop]

> A nightmare ! :-)

You can enable serial console for one of your serial ports, preferably
sio0 (COM1) and boot with -h (check /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/LINT).
Then you can capture all such things if you have null-modem cable
connected to another computer and some terminal program running on the
port the cable is connected.  Otherwise you can use true terminal.
Default connection speed is 9600 bps and no extraordinary settings,
8N1.
--

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee