Date:      Mon, 11 Nov 1996 14:19:07 -0800
From:      obrien@NUXI.com (David E. O'Brien)
To:        FreeBSD-Ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: blt2.1

Satoshi Asami writes:

> You are right.  I was thinking about another variable,
> PACKAGE_BUILDING, that I (and anybody elso who builds packages) should
> set, which would then build the port with the "least common
> denominator" (?) configuration you are talking about.

I think the case isn't someone building packages, but someone building
packages for *distribution*.  So maybe a better var would be
"BUILDING_PKG_DIST" or "LOWEST_COMMON_DENOMINATOR".  A simple name change
I realize, but I like variables to be self-documenting.  %-)

I would love this, and maybe we should impliment it now as a stop gap
measure until the new way is blazed.  Previously in my vim-3.0 port, I
was trying to second guess this based on the BATCH variable.

--
-- David    (obrien@cs.ucdavis.edu)