Date:      Sat, 04 Sep 1999 13:10:23 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        krinsky@bantha.org (David Krinsky), freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Seagate STT8000A (ATAPI/IDE) on FreeBSD? (fwd)

In message <199909041834.UAA16307@freebsd.dk> Soren Schmidt writes:
: What kindof chipset is your motherboard using ??
: Are you overclocking ?? If not what is you PCI bus clock ??
:
: I'm pretty sure this is the same problem that haunted me with the
: old driver, and if I'm not mistaken it is timing related..

Soren's old driver and my STT8000 didn't get along well at all.  I was
using the PPro Natoma chipset.  The new driver just works for me.

Warner