Date:      Tue, 26 Aug 2008 11:47:38 -0700
From:      Sam Leffler <sam@freebsd.org>
To:        Jack Twilley <jmt@twilley.org>
Cc:        =?UTF-8?B?QXNoaXNoIFNodWtsYSDgpIbgpLbgpYDgpLcg4KS24KWB4KSV4KWN4KSy?= <wahjava.ml@gmail.com>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is 'ath' going to be updated for 7.1-RELEASE ?

Jack Twilley wrote:
> Sam Leffler wrote:
>> Ashish Shukla आशीष शुक्ल wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Just came across the release schedule of 7.1-RELEASE. I'm wondering if
>>> new version of 'ath' driver (for Athereos Wireless chipsets) is going
>>> to be included or not ? If yes, I'll be glad to try the betas :).
>>>

>> Not sure what "new version" means.  I'm unlikely to have any time to
>> look at existing ath problems in RELENG_7 before the release.
>
> I am hoping against hope it means "whatever it takes to make the Asus
> Eee PC work without having to follow the steps on the EeeBSD page".  I
> rebuilt kernel and world today and forgot *again* to do the madwifi
> dance.  It's getting old.

The required hal is not even committed to HEAD yet; there's no way it's
going to get into RELENG_7 w/o significant testing.  As to "getting old"
others are free to pitch in to make things happen.  I have very little
time for freebsd right now and what time I do have is focused on higher
priority issues.

	Sam