Date:      Tue, 1 Dec 1998 14:20:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      BEAUPRE Antoine <beaupran@JSP.UMontreal.CA>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Post 228R upgrade problems

Hi!

I just upgraded to 2.2.8 Release using CVSup and make build/install world.
I'm having many problems.

First, I can't use man. It gives me the following message:
man: unable to find the file /etc/manpath.config
The file is there, I didn't even changed it.

Second, I can't start sendmail. It seems that the root lost its root
permissions!!! 451 /etc/sendmail.cf: line 0: cannot open: Permission
denied
[date] [hostname] [126]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): /etc/sendmail.cf: line 0:
cannot open: Permission deied

And this, even if sendmail.cf is: -rw-r--r- bin bin !!!! And that
/etc/group is containing: bin:*:7:root,spidey

I don't understand!!!

I also can't "stat /etc/login.conf: Permission denied"

I need help, and I don't know what to do next!!

Thanks in advance!

|  Free the world from businessmen  |
|   Free yourself from your money   |