Date:      Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:09:10 -0700
From:      XBO <xbo@pivo.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pfctl not found

Hello,

I've tried to enable pf on my 5.4-RELEASE installation recently. It was
installed behind the firewall before, so back then I turned PF off in
/etc/make.conf. After removing the line from /etc/make.conf and
rebuilding the kernel, it still failes to load pf and it seems to me
that the kernel module is there (ls /sys/kernel/pf* gives meaningful
results), but /sbin/pfctl is missing. Do I have to rebuild world in
order to enable it or is something wrong with my kernel configuration? I
tried to build it with both NOINET6 turned on and off with same results.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Sincerely yours,
Denis